Contributed by Tom Ingrassia, President of The MotivAct Group
Foolproof Tips For Successful Networking
Here are my foolproof tips for successful networking:
- Show up! Networking is the best way to tell people about your products, services, expertise, and projects. But you can’t network if you are not there.
- Be Prepared. Know the nature of your networking event and what the target audience is.
- Volunteer. Volunteering is a great way to network. I once landed a very lucrative consulting contract as a result of serving on a volunteer board.
- Network everywhere. Believe it or not, I have generated new business for myself at funerals! Not by “selling myself,” but just by talking about a project I am working on.
- Design a killer elevator pitch for yourself–something that people will remember. Make it natural. Make it pithy and concise. make it a true reflection of who you are and what you do. And then practice it!